Implementing a well-documented quality management system based on ISO 9001 standard and getting it certified by a certification body or registrar are the major steps in the ISO 9001 certification process.
ISO 9001 is the most popular standard that is designed to help organizations be efficient and successful in meeting the needs of their customers. It is generic in nature and can be applied to any organization to improve its quality and business performance.
How to Get ISO 9001 Certification: There are a lot of misconceptions about How To Get ISO 9001 Certification. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) develops international standards like ISO 9001 and ISO 13485. The International Organization of Standardization is not directly involved in the ISO 9001 certification process or in issuing any certificates. ISO certifications are issued by third-party certification bodies or “registrars” after auditing your ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
The ISO 9001 Certification Cost is based on many factors such as the scope, size, complexity of your business, number of locations, and the specific certification body you choose. It is recommended that you do your due diligence in choosing your ISO 9001 Consultant and ISO 9001 Certification Body. The reputation, experience, and location of your consultant are important as these are factors determining the efficiency, cost, and timing of your ISO 9001 Certification process.
Stages of the ISO 9001 Certification Process
- ISO 9001 GAP Analysis: Evaluating your existing Quality Management System and finding the GAP in relation to ISO 9001 requirements is one of the first steps in the ISO 9001 Certification Process. LMG will evaluate your existing Quality Management System and advice you on the cost and time frame involved in the ISO 9001 Certification Process.
- ISO 9001 Documented Information: Proper documentation is key to any Quality Management system. LMG will assist you in developing all the necessary and mandatory documents such as quality manual procedures and policies in conformance with ISO 9001 requirements. We provide you with all the necessary templates and forms. We will also provide you will all the necessary forms and templates required to achieve this task.
- ISO 9001 Training: Commitment by the top management team is required to train and educate your staff about your organization’s quality policies objectives and procedures. This is an essential part of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- ISO 9001 Standard Operating Procedures (SOP): Well-written work instructions or Standard Operating Procedures is a requirement of ISO 9001. LMG will review your Standard Operating Procedures for compliance.
- ISO 9001 Implementation: Implementing a well-documented Quality Management System throughout your organization is the most important phase of the ISO 9001 Certification Process.
- ISO 9001 Internal Audit: The ISO 9001 internal audit is the first-party audit conducted by your own staff to identify any non-conformities related to ISO 9001 requirements. Routine internal audits are a requirement of ISO 9001 and the Certification Auditors will look for evidence that you have conducted it. You can outsource internal audits if you do not have the internal resources to conduct them. LMG can assist you with conducting internal audits.
- ISO 9001 Management Review Meeting (MRM): Management Review Meeting is a process whereby the top management reviews the organization’s Quality Management System at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness. Auditors will look for documented evidence that the Management Review Meetings are conducted.
- ISO 9001 Non-Conformity and Corrective Action: Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) is the root cause analysis addressing non-conformities. ISO 9001 requires that the organizations shall retain documented information as evidence of the non-conformities and any subsequent actions taken as the results of any corrective action.
- ISO 9001 Accreditation: Accreditation bodies and Certification bodies are involved in the ISO 9001 Certification Process. Choosing the right Certification body is important. LMG assist our clients to identify and choose the right certification body that meets the audit requirements of your organization. (Registrar)
- ISO 9001 Certification Audit: The ISO 9001 certification audit is a third-party independent audit by a Certification Body or registrar to evaluate the operational effectiveness of your quality management system and to ensure that your organization meets all the requirements of ISO 9001 standard. LMG provides support with the certification audit making sure that you successfully complete the audit.
- ISO 9001 Surveillance Audit: ISO 9001 Surveillance Audit is part of the ISO 9001 Certification process. Although ISO 9001 Certification is valid for three years, an annual surveillance audit is required to be conducted by the certification body every year until re-certification is done after three years.
- Non-Conformities: LMG provides assistance with the closing of any non-conformities found by the certification body by implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- ISO 9001 Certification: Certificate issued by the certification body after successful completion of the ISO 9001 Audit.
ISO 9001 Consultant: Liberty Management Group (LMG) is a leading ISO 9001 Consultant in America with over 15 years of experience. Individualized Implementation of ISO 9001 involves several onsite visits and it is recommended that you choose a consultant close to you as it will help you to avoid unnecessary traveling and accommodation expenses. LMG is your local consultant having offices in Chicago, New Jersey, and New York.
FREE ISO 9001 CONSULTATION: Liberty Management Group (LMG) offers a free, onsite ISO 9001 consultation. Whether you are just starting out on building a quality management system from scratch or need to evaluate your existing system for ISO 9001 certification, our experienced consultants will be able to give advice and guide you through the entire process of implementation and certification of ISO 9001.
After the initial onsite visit, we will provide you with an estimate of the cost and time frame of the ISO 9001 implementation and certification process. No contract or commitment is required unless LMG is selected to provide any further service.